It’s hard to believe that we will be landing in Dallas in about 2 weeks. There is so much left to do, but we are looking forward to seeing friends and family soon. Not so excited about leaving the 60 degree weather here in Prague.
3rd Annual Upward Sports Basketball Camp
We were very honored to have a group from First Baptist Church – Prosper, Texas dedicate a week of their summer to run our 3rd Upward Sports Basketball Camp. This camp is dedicated to the ex-pat kids living in Prague. (We are in the process of beginning a camp primarily for Czechs soon.) Many of these kids are from missionary families and we are often asked why we have a camp for primarily missionary kids? First of all, it is not just for missionary kids. Many of the kids are not believers and not actively involved in church. Secondly, this is our primary mission – working with TCKs (Third Culture Kids TCKs ) and their families. These kids are often forgotten. They don’t often get to visit families in the summer, enjoy a summer of swimming or camping with friends or running around with kids from their own culture. One of the moms made the comment that her son is the ‘only’ Christian in his school and being a part of the basketball camp was an ‘oasis’ for him. He wanted the camp to be longer – much longer. So a big thank you to FBC-Prosper as they made an impact on 30-35 kids who really needed a time to fellowship, have fun and hear the gospel.
Praises and Prayers
• Our entire CISP staff is in country and ready to begin a new school year. This is the first time we have started the year completely staffed. Hallelujah!
• One of our colleagues (Bill) has agreed to run the 4th year of Upward Sports Basketball as we will be in the states.
• Pray for our transition and travel to Texas on Sept. 17th. There are many details to be taken care of here prior to our departure.
• Pray for CISP during our school year away.
• Pray we can raise the necessary support to return to Prague in June 2013. To be a financial partner, please follow this link https://worldventure.com/sslpage.aspx?pid=670
• Pray for the men of Band of Brothers in Prague and for Tim who will be leading the group while we are away.
• Pray for Robin as she will be homeschooling the kids while we are in Texas.
• Pray for the heart of the Ministry of Education for the Czech Republic to be changed. We were denied recognition again for reasons that are completely suspect. This does not allow Czechs and many other nationalities to attend our school.
What are the kids looking forward to in Texas:
I sometimes forget that Payton, Marek and Landry have spent most of their life in the Czech Republic. America may as well be Disneyland. I was curious as to what they were looking forward to as we travel to Texas in a couple of weeks. Here are their answers:
Camden (15) – Seeing family, speaking the same language, American culture and eating at Red Lobster.
Jared (13) – Seeing family, American food and culture, language and friendly people.
Easton (11) – Family, playing ping-pong, candy, stores with stuff and speaking the same language.
Payton (8) – Family, Wal-Mart and Chuck E. Cheese.
Marek (6) – Rattlesnakes
Landry (4) – New pink clothes, birthday party, family and shoes.
Robin and I are obviously looking forward to seeing family and friends again. We would love to come speak to your church, missions committee, small group, Sunday school class, etc. We are excited about what the Lord is doing in Prague and would love to share that vision with you.
“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” 2 Cor 9:8