We arrived at DFW airport about two weeks ago with all 6 kids and all 18 suitcases. We were welcomed ‘home’ by most of our family and were immediately welcomed by the humidity. I put home in quotation marks, because serving overseas and with TCKs (Third Culture Kids), home has a much different meaning. It seems odd, but true, that our youngest three children have lived longer in Prague than in the US. On our first morning back, Marek was watching some TV while we unpacked the myriad of suitcases. I forgot what cartoon he was watching, but he came into the bedroom where we were unpacking and let me know that the show had switched to something else. The carton wasn’t on anymore. I knew very well the cartoon had just started and couldn’t possibly be over. When I entered the living room I realized that the ‘new show’ was a commercial. We don’t have television in Prague and he was completely new to the world of intermittent advertising. Such is the life of global nomads.
We will be in the US for at least 9 months and here our goals for that time:
1. Take every opportunity available to share with churches, small groups, AWANAs, mission committees, etc., about our calling in the Czech Republic.
2. Get our prayer and financial support back up to the point of survival (more on that later).
3. Begin the transition process with WorldVenture to be full-time/career missionaries serving in the Czech Republic.
4. Keep our kids up on their education as Robin prepares to homeschool Camden (9th grade), Jared (7th grade), Easton (5th grade), Payton (3rd grade), Marek (1st grade), Landry (K).
5. Visit as many family and friends as possible. We would love to see as many of you as possible.
• Our entire CISP staff is in country and ready to begin a new school year. This is the first time we have started the year completely staffed. Hallelujah!
• It appears we may have a new building for CISP! This is a biggee, as we have come this far before – being the highest bidder – and having the whole thing fall through on questionable business practices. It is really a nice building. Perfect for our growth and a place to be a true ‘radiating center for the gospel in Prague.’
• One of our colleagues (Bill) has agreed to run the 4th year of Upward Sports Basketball as we will be in the states.
• Several of the men at Band of Brothers have stepped up and taken some leadership responsibility to cover the group while we are away.
• We made it ‘home’ safe and sound and have enjoyed a couple of weeks getting acclimated and settled.
• Pray for CISP during our school year away, particularly the senior class and the administration covering our responsibilities.
• Pray that our financial situation will improve quickly. For the first time in several years our support with WorldVenture is in the negative. This will more than likely mean we will not get paid for November and December.
• Also, we need to find new supporters to partner with us in the future. We serve a God who knows no limits and we rest and find comfort in that fact. Pray for the men of Band of Brothers in Prague and for Ben, Tim and Pieter who will be leading the group while we are away.
• Pray for Robin as she will be taking on the primary responsibility of homeschooling the kids while we are in Texas.
• We would also love to find someone(s who would be willing to help us with (a) our website maintenance, (b) our website updates (about 6 a year), (c) mailing newsletters to supporters and partners. If you would like to donate some of your time or expertise, we could sure use you.
• Pray for the heart of the Ministry of Education for the Czech Republic to be changed. We were denied recognition again for reasons that are completely suspect. This does not allow Czechs and many other nationalities to attend our school.
In Him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.
We would sure love the opportunity to come speak at your church, small group, Sunday School class, etc. Just get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to help support the ministry of the Chumbley Family in Prague? Follow this link on the left ‘Support the Chumbley family through WorldVenture’ and join us as we spread the gospel in central Europe.
How to get hold of us in the US:.
email – email@example.com
home number – 817-666-1265
Terry cell – 817-357-5400
Robin – 817-666-5974